This blog is designed for U.S. History students at Florence High School.
Friday, October 2, 2009
The War For Independence
How would you respond to unfair laws passes by a distant government? Do you think it was "okay" for American colonists to disobey some of the laws passed by Britain? Should American colonists have the same rights as all other British subjects?
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I would not be happy if i had to go by laws that were passed by a govt not of my own. i think the colonist shouldn't have to go by the laws of british b/c it is not even there own govt. American colonist should have there own laws and there own goverment to go by!
Iwould probably be very mad if ihad to obey laws not mad by my own government. Well back in the day ithink it was okayy for Americans to disobey Britains laws b/c its not the government they wanted. They didnt ask to be under Britains government they were forece. If the Americans didnt want them then they shouldnt have them.
It was entirely fair for the colonists to revolt from the enlgish because the english neglected them as a colony and tried to make them pay for a war that they didn't fight.
I would be upset and mad.I would try to get potitions and everything else to get it fixed.Yes, because some of the laws were rediculous.Yes, everybody was created equal and it should stay that way.
I would be upset if unfair laws were passed that effected me. For example the paper you passed out saying that we had to pay for assignments and sitting in the desks. If something like this really happened people would be outraged. I understand now why the patriots were so upset during these times.
Everyone in the human race should have the same rights. Responding to unfair laws would be hard. The best way would be to lobby for them to be changed.
Well since I'm human I probably would have involved myself with the boycotts and disrespect of the laws by Britian. If we had followed their laws, where would we be today?
i would be mad if i obey someone else laws if is not my own govt. yes! maybe if i was a colonist i also would disobey there laws. If i had to obey there laws i should be treated the same as they.
I would be very upset if i had to go by laws not made by my own government. In my own opinion i belive the Colonist shouldn't have to go by British laws since the laws were not by there own government.
I would be very mad to have to obey laws that were not made by my own government. It was definetely ok for the American colinists to disobey laws passed by Britian. The american colonist should have had the same rights as the british subjects.
10 comments:
I would not be happy if i had to go by laws that were passed by a govt not of my own. i think the colonist shouldn't have to go by the laws of british b/c it is not even there own govt. American colonist should have there own laws and there own goverment to go by!
Iwould probably be very mad if ihad to obey laws not mad by my own government. Well back in the day ithink it was okayy for Americans to disobey Britains laws b/c its not the government they wanted. They didnt ask to be under Britains government they were forece. If the Americans didnt want them then they shouldnt have them.
It was entirely fair for the colonists to revolt from the enlgish because the english neglected them as a colony and tried to make them pay for a war that they didn't fight.
I would be upset and mad.I would try to get potitions and everything else to get it fixed.Yes, because some of the laws were rediculous.Yes, everybody was created equal and it should stay that way.
I would be upset if unfair laws were passed that effected me. For example the paper you passed out saying that we had to pay for assignments and sitting in the desks. If something like this really happened people would be outraged. I understand now why the patriots were so upset during these times.
Everyone in the human race should have the same rights.
Responding to unfair laws would be hard. The best way would be to lobby for them to be changed.
Well since I'm human I probably would have involved myself with the boycotts and disrespect of the laws by Britian. If we had followed their laws, where would we be today?
i would be mad if i obey someone else laws if is not my own govt.
yes! maybe if i was a colonist i also would disobey there laws.
If i had to obey there laws i should be treated the same as they.
I would be very upset if i had to go by laws not made by my own government. In my own opinion i belive the Colonist shouldn't have to go by British laws since the laws were not by there own government.
*Princess Love*
I would be very mad to have to obey laws that were not made by my own government. It was definetely ok for the American colinists to disobey laws passed by Britian. The american colonist should have had the same rights as the british subjects.
Post a Comment