This blog is designed for U.S. History students at Florence High School.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Reforming American Society
If you lived in the mid-1800s, what would you have done to help reform American society? Would you have worked to help improve conditions for workers, to end slavery, and/or work with those involved in the Second Great Awakening? Explain...
9 comments:
ari carter
said...
if i lived in the mid1800s i would help the people with the 2nd great awakening. Also i would try to end slavery. but after htat i would work on the racal issue.
i would have probably been one of the most prominent women in the rights refromation. because we need our rights, the Constitution says so! lol and slavery is bad also...
If I would have lived in the mid 1800's I would have made there laws for working hours and ages. I would have worked to help the women and young kids' working conditions since they were so bad. I probably would not have ended slavery because that was most farmers got money to feed their families.
If I am the mid1800's American people,I would try to end slavery. If slavery end, I think this big change inspire everything like women right and other probrem,so probrems are going to change,also I would work for Secound great awaking
If i were to live in the mid1800's i would mainly try to help end slavery! it is ridiculous the conditions some were put in! then i would also help with the 2nd great awakening!
I would have worked to help improve conditions for workers but iwould also try to end slavery. Probably trying to end slavery would be the 1st thing i would do.
If I lived in the mid-1800's I would have tried to help working conditions for women and children. I would have tried to make it more safe. I would try to end slavery too. -Brooklyn McGuire
9 comments:
if i lived in the mid1800s i would help the people with the 2nd great awakening. Also i would try to end slavery. but after htat i would work on the racal issue.
i would have probably been one of the most prominent women in the rights refromation. because we need our rights, the Constitution says so! lol and slavery is bad also...
If I would have lived in the mid 1800's I would have made there laws for working hours and ages. I would have worked to help the women and young kids' working conditions since they were so bad. I probably would not have ended slavery because that was most farmers got money to feed their families.
-Tom Catania
If I am the mid1800's American people,I would try to end slavery.
If slavery end,
I think this big change inspire everything like women right and other probrem,so probrems are going to change,also I would work for Secound great awaking
If i were to live in the mid1800's i would mainly try to help end slavery! it is ridiculous the conditions some were put in! then i would also help with the 2nd great awakening!
I would have worked to help improve conditions for workers but iwould also try to end slavery. Probably trying to end slavery would be the 1st thing i would do.
I would have helped with the 2nd great awakening and improve conditions with workers.
If I lived in the mid-1800's I would have tried to help working conditions for women and children. I would have tried to make it more safe. I would try to end slavery too. -Brooklyn McGuire
I would have worked hard and invented many new things. End slavery because slavery was wrong and i would have beat anybody who was a slave owner.
Post a Comment